17 March 2011

Great Ormond Street Scan

Hi all

The fetal echo at Great Ormond Street went well, nothing unexpected found and good right side heart function.

Now we just have the ongoing battle with the local hospital to deal with.  They have been updated by GOSH regarding the scan and ongoing management of my pregnancy.  I have contacted them to arrange a meeting with my obstetrician and the paediatric/neonatal team to coordinate a birth plan and care for Emily once she is born.  The cardiologist wants me to have a spontaneous natural birth as feels this is best for Emily and then for her to be transferred to GOSH.  I feel as though I am hitting my head against a brick wall.  There's 6 weeks until my EDD and I'm struggling to get an appointment with my obstetrician, let alone the Paeds team.  I don't think this is acceptable.  My cardiac liason nurse said to me that my baby is high risk and I shouldn't have to be fighting to get a care plan in place.  I dont need this stress.  What if Emily makes a break for freedom early and there is no plan in place?  All I want is to know and to have peace of mind that if I turn up at the hospital in labour that I am going to get the right care, that people will be aware of the situation.
Currently I have zero faith in the hospital. I dont really know where to turn to yet again and feel that I am not getting the priority I should.  I am not a selfish person or a drama queen, but I have been dealing with this all quite calmly, but now I am feeling so anxious and I dont think it is fair.

Hopefully tomorrow I may have better news, but for now everything feels pretty crap.

x

5 comments:

  1. How you feel is completely normal! There should be a plan, and everything set up so that it can go as smoothly as possible. My OB let me try for a vaginal delivery, as long as his heart tolerated it ok. I was induced at 39 weeks, with everyone prepared and ready to take care of him. Hoping for some positivity and peace of mind soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! Don't let anyone treat you as if you are crazy or being a drama queen. I can assure you that you are not. You have every right to feel the way you do and be a little demanding that your OB make time for you to set up a birth plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think this is unacceptable on the hospital's part and you have every right to be upset. Your baby needs the utmost attention after birth and immediate care so that she is is in the best condition for surgery. I hope you get it resolved soon. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. Hoping to see someone this coming week, if I don't I think I will go mad!xx

    ReplyDelete