16 June 2011

Sleep Well Our Beautiful Emily

I'm devastated to be writing this but our little baby Emily sadly passed away last night at 5 weeks old.


I have not had time to update the blog in a few weeks, but Emily was doing so well.  She was discharged from Great Ormond Street and had been at home with us for 10 days and was so perfect and doing everything she should have been doing.

She had a really good day yesterday but became very ill very quickly and suddenly last night.  Emily was sleeping soundly and woke up and started to cry.  It was time for her feed so we started to prepare her bottle but her cry suddenly changed from being a normal hungry cry to something very different and we knew that something was wrong.  We knew instantly we had to get her to hospital so I ran upstairs to throw on clothes and in this time Emily stopped breathing. Ian had to perform CPR on her while I called an ambulance and she started to come around, but on the way to the hospital unfortunately they lost her again and they were not able to resuscitate her at the hospital.

We cannot believe this has happened as she was such a fighter and was doing so well. We miss her so much and are feeling so lost and empty without her.  Emily was beautiful and gave us so much joy in her short time here. It feels so unfair that she had to go so soon.

Please sleep safe our beautiful daughter, we hope you know how much you are loved and how much happiness you brought to so many people in your time here.  Thank you for coming to us and trying your best, we know you gave it your all.



xxx

14 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your devastating loss. I've been following your journey and was hoping no news was good news! This breaks my heart! How unfair and completely crushing to lose such a beautiful and strong little girl!

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this unimaginable time.

    ((Heart hugs))
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh Dana, this is so sad. I know words can not say anything to make you feel better. Your Emily was so precious. My deepest condolences and prayres go out to you and your family. <3
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...this is devastating. I am so very sorry. I have been following your journey and am so sad to read this update. My heart is breaking for you and your family. Rest in peace sweet Emily...you will always be in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana and Ian,

    I am at a loss for words. Sorry never feels right to say - it seems too small. A million thoughts for your family and prayers for grace and comfort.

    You're in our hearts, as Emily will always be.

    Hugs,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana & Ian

    Please excuse me for imposing on your blogspot but I just felt that I needed to tell you how terribly sorry we are to hear of your really sad news. I'm a friend of Mary's. Mary has told me of her great joy at being Emily Rose's grandma & shared some photo's with me. What a beautiful little girl & how very proud you must be of her brave fight to try & stay with you.

    It just doesn't seem fair! You are all in our hearts & prayers.

    Much love
    Teresa & family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear of Emilys passing.

    I wish I could say more than sorry and
    I wish I could do more than just give you my sympathy.

    My heart goes out to you and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

    x Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. I am a fellow heart mom and wish I could reach through the computer and give you a big hug.

    You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so sorry Dana...we are praying for all of you. May her beauty and grace continue to comfort you...sending you warmth and strength. Annamarie and the Saarinen family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so heartbroken to read of your loss. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry, my heart is breaking for you and your family. Sending prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your blog. I am so sorry and so sad that baby Emily lost her fight. She was so brave and such a fighter. She was an inspirational hero, and still is in heaven. Yourself and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am so deeply sorry and sad for your loss. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice picture
    9th class notes
    http://notes.com.pk/category/notes/9th-class-notes/

    ReplyDelete