7 February 2011

February!

I'm now 28 weeks pregnant, 3rd timester. It's not so much fun. I feel as though all my energy has just drained out of me! Have been getting a few headaches and not sleeping so well, but figure I'll make the most of what sleep I do get as it's only going to get worse over the oncoming weeks.

We've had good amnio results, all of Miss Milly's chromosomes appear to be present and correct, so thats a weight off of mine and Ian's minds! Other than midwife appointments we have no more scans or hospital until the 11th of March when we head to Great Ormond Street again for a fetal echo and to see Dr Sullivan and Helen our Cardiac Nurse. It seems a long way away yet and a little scary to think that I will be 33 weeks by then. I guess that at this appointment we will find out choices for delivery and be able to make a decision. Seems scary that following that appointment I could be induced from any point 4 weeks after it.... Maybe the 11th March doesn't seem so far away after all!

I've now finished work! It is quite a strange feeling. I've only been left a week and already I'm finding it hard to keep track of what day it is. This week is nursery week! There's a little bit of painting to finish off so we should get that done and then I have some nice bits which I have bought ready to put in/up. It's going to look lovely. Work gifted me some John Lewis vouchers as a maternity leave present which was lovely of them and so I have been and bought a beautiful lampshade for the nursery, it's just dangly daisies :-) only problem is, whoever attached the last lampshade tightened the fitting up too much and we can't get the stupid thing off! We also bought a cute little chest of drawers for Emily's things, I am going to wash all the little bits I have bought for her this week and then put them away in the drawers. Also Lynne who I worked with bought Emily the cutest Jemima Puddle Duck cuddly and rattle, so I'm planning to get a few more Beatrix Potter character things for the room :-)

All in all, we're having a pretty lazy time (other than the mad cleaning sprees I seem to go on every other day!) It is nice though being able to relax and feel at the moment that there is not too much to worry about.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment