3 March 2011

Here We Go!

Had our midwife appointment this morning and it seems the next few weeks are going to be busy!

My midwife is going to give us our antenatal classes and info at home as all the parentcraft lessons in our area are booked up and I was also a bit nervous about attending.  So next Tuesday she is coming to teach us about labour and birth and start looking at what to expect and such.

Then next Friday we have our appointment at Great Ormond Street.  We booked our train tickets today so we're all prepared.  We are having a Fetal Echo and seeing Dr Sullivan (I think). After the scan we will be meeting our Cardiac Liaison Nurse, Helen.  So Friday will be a pretty busy day!

The following week we will be going to see our local consultant to look at whats going on and also will have some more antenatal things with the midwife. 

Oh and some where in there, there will also be a physio appointment to get some exercises for my silly hips.

Feels like things may go a bit crazy in the next few weeks with appointments and more decisions. 

I am quite nervous about the echo next week. I think its been easy lately to forget the seriousness of the condition and how fragile our baby will be, concentrating on preparing to have a baby and to bring her home has been positive for all of us, but the reality is that we may not bring our baby home. 
I don't think I have forgotten this, but I have not thought about it for a while, certainly I have not thought about it with any depth.  I have been busying myself with getting the nursery ready and thinking about a future with Emily and Ian and everything we hope to do.  I hope so much that everything turns out how we want it to.

I have been checking a certain blog everyday:

http://ourhlhsjourney.blogspot.com/

Kathy has just given birth to her beautiful son and I am thinking of them lots and hoping everything is going well.  I think Kathy's posts are helping to prepare me for what may be to come.

So, although I am still feeling okay, the reality and gravity of what's to come in the next few months has hit me today.  Lets hope next Fridays scan is a positive one!

3 comments:

  1. I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you were able to 'forget' about everything for a while. It makes the pregnancy so much easier and more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm glad my blog is helpful to you. I have been following a lot of blogs as well and they are helpful. Though, as evey doctor and nurse will tell you, EVERY baby is different and each one writes their own story. I hope your scan will be good, as we got to the end, John was not cooperating with the echo techs and was quite squirmy. I wish you the best and your little Emily. I'm not sure you know from my blog, my Emily is quite the rambunxious 2 year old and I'm sure your little one will be just as any. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to find out anything else. Kasiak0730@sbcglobal.net
    Take care .

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you and little Emily! You WILL bring her home from the hospital, she'll just have a little longer stay than most. I am eagerly awaiting your blog update when that day comes!

    ReplyDelete