20 December 2010

A little bit naughty.....

So I bought some little pink baby sleep suits. Just 2. They were in a sale and they were cute and it cheered me up a little.  I might also have bought a little bunny comforter...... Which is also very cute and was only £1!

Been a bit up and down the last couple of days. Swing between feeling everything will be ok and then to being so so afraid that we will not bring our little girl home.  Ian is being wonderful though and does all he can to make me feel better when I am having a low moment.  I hope I am doing the same for him.

Little one has been kicking me a lot, Saturday night I couldn't get to sleep for a good hour because the little bugger seemed to wait until I was just about to drop off to sleep, then BAM!! WAKE UP I'M HERE AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!  Very nice and reassuring, but at 1am!!  Baby you should be sleeping! (And so should I!!)  :-)

First day back in the office today. Haven't been here since the day I left to go for my 20 week scan.  To be fair, everyone here has been really nice.  Some have asked questions but I do feel they are out of concern and not just nosiness! So it's not been too bad.  I will be stopping work at the end of January now, which is a good 3 months before my due date, but I want to be comfortable, relaxed and ready for the birth.  My midwife also said it may be beneficial for me to spend time with Ian, doing things we enjoy before all the really hard work and emotions take over.

All in all, I'm fairing pretty well, remaining hopeful but realistic about the future, as is Ian, and as for Emily floating around in there, if her kicks are anything to go by she's ok too :-)

xx

3 comments:

  1. hii

    im carlen, and i just stumbled across your blog, im 36.2wks pregnant with little boy who was also diagnosed with HLHS, I also blog about all the stuff i go through now and whats in store in the very near future for me and him..

    I'm glad to hear your little one has a strong kick, my little boy does too, maybe we have two soccer stars in our bellies <3 pray for you.

    carlen.. oh feel free to follow my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I felt down about something during my pregnancy I would buy something for Wyatt! :)

    I bet the things you got are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana,
    I'm glad to see that you are feeling better. I'm only 8 weeks away and feeling quite nervous. I din't buy any boy clothes yet, but got a special care package from this group called Sisters by heart and it had a few body suits good for kids with lots of tubes coming out and a cute hospital gown. It was so comforting. I did prepare the nursery as I we are hopeful everything will turn out.

    I too have quite a soccer star in my belly, he moves soo much it's reassuring but sometimes like you said, he should be sleeping ...

    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete