18 May 2011

Baby Emily

Hello!
So so much has happened and I only have my phone and extremely bad signal so I will do a quick update and leave the details for when I have Internet access :)
Emily was eventually born on Wednesday 11 May at 17:30 by emergency C-Section. She weighed 7lb! My induction was started on the Monday and progressed slowly but once I was having regular contractions and was dilated, Emily decided she wasn't happy about coming out and showed signs of distress, so the decision was made to get us to theatre.
It was the scariest thing I have ever done.

Emily was then taken by ambulance to Great Ormond Street with Ian, I followed down a couple of days later after promising the midwives and doctors that I would look after myself!

As I've not been too great at walking Ian has been pushing me around in a wheelchair! Im slowly recovering from the c section but I'm getting there.

But anyway, our beautiful Emily had her first operation on Monday. It was a rough surgery and she had a bit of a rough time of it but the problems that have been encountered are problems that are to be expected following this surgery and with the condition. Emily is very sick at the moment, but that said, today (Wednesday) the doctor told us that she is impressed with the progress we have made and that Emily is doing well,considering all that's going on. Her meds are gradually being reduced. She has been retaining too much fluid so this evening she is having a bit of dialysis to flush the fluid out as she needs to lose the fluid before her chest can be closed. We are hoping her chest closure will happen on Friday, this will be a huge step again and so hoping with everything we have that it will go well and that our baby will pull through. We love her so much.

Emily is gorgeous, she is just magical and I'm hoping with everything I am that she will get through this and whatever else that lays ahead. I want to hear her cry for attention and I want to be changing dirty nappies! Fingers crossed our baby will be okay.

Off to go visit her now, so thanks for reading and I will try to update when I can xxxx

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read this update. Emily is doing so well and it will be no time before you hear her sweet little cry and change a million diapers. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear everything is goin well! Keeping Emily in our thougths and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all {{{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did nice job
    http://notes.com.pk/category/notes/9th-class-notes/

    ReplyDelete