14 January 2011

Emily's Monitoring Scan

So we had our first monitoring scan for Emily's heart yesterday.

As far as they could see, the heart has not become worse, so I guess that's good news :-)
We had the same sonographer who detected the problem which was reassuring because she knew what was going on and what she was looking for.

As far as growing goes she is spot on average for where she should be and has a nice round tummy!
No indicators on this scan for any further problems so we're keeping our fingers crossed!

Our usual consultant wasn't there though :( but the lady we saw in his place was lovely.

So now hopefully another scan in 4 weeks or so and then the next Great Ormond Street Scan in March.

Feel like I can breathe again now, if just for a little while!!

We've not done a lot over the last couple of days again.  Ian's been busy fighting some wars on his xbox and I've been baking cakes and resting a lot.  I'm looking forward to finishing work in just 2 weeks, but got to work hard to make sure everything is up to date and that the guys know what to do while I am off, though I think they all know it all between them anyway :-)

Off to ice the mandarin cake I made last night now! Yummmm.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment