11 January 2011

Tomorrow.....

So tomorrow we are off back to the hospital for an appointment with our consultant and a scan to have a little peek at Emily and to see how she is doing.

Feeling a bit excited to go and see her and hoping we will see her little face again, but also very apprehensive and extremely nervous.  Hoping that measurements etc will be fine and hoping that nothing further will be wrong but quite afraid of receiving more bad news.....  But fingers crossed!!

The past week has been okay.  I picked up a pretty little book which I am putting all of Emily's scan pictures in to and writing to her about what has happened so far and plan to continue writing about it all to her and hopefully will have more scan pictures to put in :-) Our consultant is very nice and generous so I think he will let us have a couple.  I hope the book will be something I can show her as she grows and will help explain to her when she is older how much she will have been through and how much she means to us.

I've got just over 2 weeks left at work, I am finding it hard to concentrate here really and find it hard to get motivated as I always find my mind wandering off in to question and curiousity zone.  I really need to pull it together for the next few weeks!

Other than work, I've got a new hobby which is making candles!! It's pretty cool and I have been picking up some pretty unusual pots and teacups to make the candles in.  Found some old tobey mugs which have pirate faces on which I have now transformed into some pretty cool retro looking candles :-)
Have also started baking again.  I love doing it, but as there is only Ian and I to feed friends should beware as there may be an impending cake avalanche heading their way!

Hope everyone is okay and that January is being kind to you all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment